Author Topic: Coffee as memory enhancer?  (Read 357 times)

Offline SpinningWaka

• View Profile
Coffee as memory enhancer?
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
Does coffee have effects on your memory? Is it true that it can boost or enhance your memory? I have been a coffee drinker since I was 12 years old, but I can’t feel any changes in my memory status?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:10:06 PM by Guest »

Offline InternetInterlace

• View Profile
Re: Coffee as memory enhancer?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:11:40 AM »
When it comes to our memory, the effects of coffee have both positive and negative impacts. Studies indicate inconsistent results. Some people experience impaired short term memory and working memory while other experience memory enhancement. Effects of coffee to the body are usually not good so don’t take too much.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:11:40 AM by Guest »

Offline Slashli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
I don't think that there have been any definitive studies as of yet regarding the effects of coffee on memory. I guess some people feel that they are able to remember more when they drink coffee because it helps in keeping them awake. When they are awake, they can do more (study more in this case) and think coffee helps them improve the memory.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:02:23 PM by Guest »

Offline MidnightGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
I have read in one article that coffee improves short-term memory and speeds up reaction times by acting on the brain's prefrontal cortex. It will also make us more alert; though drinking more than several cups regularly each day will lead to caffeine addiction and increasing fatigue. So if you're feeling any of those, you know the reason why.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:51:23 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatEat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »
I haven’t heard of this news before. All I know is that coffee is rich in anti-oxidants that are good for our body; Anti-oxidants helps flush down toxins from our body that is why it is a healthy beverage. For me, no matter what the benefit it has I still enjoy it as one of my favorite beverage pairings.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:15:30 PM by Guest »

Offline Funeter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »
I have never heard that coffee is used as memory enhancer. I think there is no scientific explanation yet if this is really factual. All I know and what is proved, is that coffee is an antioxidant. Other than that, is yet to be revealed in scientific studies.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:55:02 PM by Guest »

Tags: