Author Topic: Drink For Hangover  (Read 790 times)

Offline InteraxisInternet

• View Profile
Drink For Hangover
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »
What would be the best beverage to drink to get rid of a hangover really quickly? Is there some kind of special brew out there that I should know about?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:20:39 PM by Guest »

Offline Internetry

• View Profile
Re: Drink For Hangover
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
Hangover occurs after one has consumed too much alcohol and the body is dehydrated. To replenish or rehydrate, one should drink plenty of water. I treat myself by drinking Gatorade or mineral water and taking a shower. It helps relieve me of the feeling. I also take aspirin or paracetamol for the headache that accompanies it. Then I rest throughout the day.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:26:59 PM by Guest »

Offline GuideLuv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »
There is really no cure for hangover. Some folks said you have to take a cold shower or drink lots of water and so on and so forth. But actually, these are all medical myths. Alcohol contains acetaldehyde and the only real cure of hangover will be tincture of time. It takes time to metabolize the acetaldehyde in to acid.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:32:38 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningMoff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »
Here are some of my hangover remedies that work; drink plenty of liquids like fruit juices and water and DO NOT drink coffee or drinks that contain caffeine, because it will only dehydrate you. Another liquid to help you prevent a hangover is the orange juice and some sports drink; it will help you regain your energy.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:37:25 PM by Guest »

Offline Greatores

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
if i have hang over, i drink a coffee without sugar, or sometimes i drink cold water, anything cold, then i sleep for the whole day to recover again  ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:36:11 PM by Guest »

Offline GuideKaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
There is really no remedy for a hangover except a bed rest and plenty of fluid. You can drink either water or juice to return the fluid that your body lost from drinking too much alcohol. Since hangover may also be caused by fatigue and lack of sleep, a good rest can also help relieve you of the body aches that you are experiencing.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:45:13 PM by Guest »

Offline Greaterte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
There is no real cure for hangover but tincture of time. What you can immediately remedy is if you are thirsty then you drink thirst quencher drinks like Gatorade. If you are having headache take some pain reliever tab.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:50:24 PM by Guest »

Offline LexGuide

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:46 PM »
Some Indian friend of mine told me that by drinking a gl* of milk cures his hangover. I tried it and it also works the same with me too. You can try it and have a cold shower after. And if you are experiencing worst headache, try taking some pain reliever.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:16:46 PM by Guest »

Offline MidnightGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
I don't think there is any beverage that is cure for hang over. The best way to get rid of a hangover is to stay in bed and try to sleep. The only remedy for that is to eat before and during the drink session, not after. If you cannot find something to eat, a gl* of milk is good enough for a substitute
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:55:42 PM by Guest »

Offline RepeatGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
I agree. Plenty of water plus electrolyte-replenishing sports drinks are the best drinks to combat your hangover the next morning. This will help ease any symptoms of dehydration, which often goes hand in hand with a hangover. Recently, I proved what I've discovered that it helps if you have bouillon soup to restore salt and pot*ium. A banana will also help restore pot*ium and can make up for your daily pot*ium needs just enough.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:31:58 PM by Guest »

Tags: