Author Topic: Spending too much on coffee  (Read 585 times)

Offline SpinningBelieving

• View Profile
Spending too much on coffee
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »
Now that we have Starbucks and other established coffee shops. Do you think that people spend too much money on coffee? How much would they save if they just bought those instant coffees that come in sachets?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:21:54 PM by Guest »

Offline 5stalam

• View Profile
Re: Spending too much on coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »
Drinking too much coffee from coffee shops like Starbucks would not only cost you a lot but would also put your health at risk. I have heard my friend’s father had a cardiac arrest because of having too much coffee from Starbucks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:05:25 PM by Guest »

Offline Affoodeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Coffee business is one most lucrative business in the beverage section because there are so many coffee lovers around the world. Starbucks company earns billions worldwide thus people even not in to coffee spend time to try their coffee. Some uses Starbucks or some coffee places for business meeting.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:37:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Greatch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
I agree with you! People do spend too much on coffee! They just don't know that the dollars and pennies that they spend on Starbucks or any other coffee shops do tend to pile-up.

For some it's alright to spend on those designer coffee brands since they see it as a status symbol. But for most Americans, the money they spend in coffee from those shops are better spent on foods.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:45:19 PM by Guest »

Offline InternetInterlink

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Yes. One of the tips on how to budget money is don’t spend too much for your coffee! How is Starbucks coffee better than a regular coffee you can make at your house? With the bad economy we have today people should read more tips on how to budget money.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:37:00 PM by Guest »

Offline MidnightGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
Ouch! You are all referring to me. I spend too much on coffee and I can't do work without drinking one especially a Starbucks coffee or coffee bean. I still don't why I'm so addicted with the taste. It's just different and it gives me so much energy every morning.  :?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:04:21 PM by Guest »

Offline RepeatGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
I live in Boston, MA where Starbucks and the rest of my favorite coffee shops offer an 8oz brewed coffee with no frills for $1.45. By far, the most expensive drink you could get at Starbucks would probably be a Venti White Mocha with some extra espresso (each shot adds $0.50.) Just a Venti White Mocha without extra shots would be well over $5 and so with, it could go as high as $8- or $9-ish, depending of the size and frills you want.

If that's the price, here then is my opinion. I need my daily dose of caffeine before I start my whole day office work to boost me up before I became a coffee addict who is willing to spend much on coffee. I mean, it's a necessity and even if it's bad that I take my Starbucks frappé as a sub for breakfast, it's worth the price, which is not really pricey, if you can afford it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:25:34 PM by Guest »

Offline SanSport

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »
The taste of Starbucks coffee is far different than those packed in a sachet. If you are really one true coffee lover, you can see difference and you will be longing for the taste of true coffee beans. And Starbucks can provide that. However you can saves at your coffee budget if you buy a coffee machine. It may be expensive but it save you in long term.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:57:39 PM by Guest »

Offline Funeter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Absolutely! However people are going for coffee shops like Starbucks because of their specialty beverage. I think it is okay if you get them occasionally, but if you are drinking it on a daily basis, I think you are really overspending. A cup of coffee there is equivalent to 10 packs of coffee sachets.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:00:08 PM by Guest »

Offline MilkAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
A luxury-oriented coffee shop like Starbucks uses specialty brews, flavors, and ingredients for a cup. If you buy Starbucks coffee everyday and you can't resist its pull, it means you are spending too much on coffee. Why don't you drink instant coffee on days that don't require much zest from your end such as during weekends? You can use the money you save from sacrificing Starbucks time for other things you need to buy.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:37:34 PM by Guest »

Tags: