Author Topic: what are your most favorable travel novels/books so far?  (Read 328 times)

Offline UntoilingSpinning

• View Profile
what are your most favorable travel novels/books so far?
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
Please tell me, what are your most favorable travel novels/books so far? Some friend told me that bringing books will help me kill the boredom I feel when travelling... Thanks! Ciao!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:50:45 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningClamoring

• View Profile
Re: what are your most favorable travel novels/books so far?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
Never will you get bored by this novel “Into the Wild” by John Krakauer! Never will you experience an intelligently and one-sitting read than this novel! When I went to Jakarta, I was thinking of how to kill the major boredom of the ride, and I bumped into this book. Thank*lly, God conceded and heard my aggravated soul, He let me read this book. Perfect for travelling – though it may sound c*é.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:51:12 PM by Guest »

Offline HeadlinesSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
I don’t know if there will ever be a more-than perfect book for us when travelling than Bill Bryson’s The Lost Continent. Bill Bryson might be only travelling in our very own country, America, but this book is a clear contrast to its setting. Back roads and hidden corners, you’ll sure to be rooted in your sit as you read this!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:51:36 PM by Guest »

Offline TorturingSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac deserves to be the top travel novel of all the travel novels in the world!  This is a one very fervent written book filled with greatly amusing characters that will make you travel light, even with literal heavy baggages to carry! You will never feel alone with this novel. Actually, because of this novel, I never felt alone and far away from home. Whenever I arrived to my destination, I always felt it is home. I am home. Effervescent.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:51:58 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningPocketing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »
Donald Miller’s Through Painted Deserts is a must-read when you travel with your other travel books! I am not a contented person so whenever I travel, I bring different novels to ease the pain of “alone time”. But I always make sure that I get to bring this very book with the others. Read it!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:52:58 PM by Guest »

Offline MeasuringSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »
Imagine is really, really great! This book I consider as the best of the bunch sine it will not only bring you to another part of the world, but will surely take your breath away as you travel with this novel! Very, very magnanimous writing which I think you mustn’t miss reading!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:53:21 PM by Guest »

Tags: