Author Topic: teen pregnancy  (Read 365 times)

Offline Techertu

• View Profile
teen pregnancy
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:13:00 AM »
What do you think is the best solution for the rise in teen pregnancy? Aside from sex education, I really have no idea what else can be done to keep teens from getting pregnant.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:13:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Dirtyheal

• View Profile
Re: teen pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:25:37 AM »
This is just a personal opinion. I think involving kids in an active religion group would help since it will open their eyes to the value of having principles. I also think that exposing them to those who are currently experiencing teen pregnancy problems would open their eyes and scare them away from the temptation.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:25:37 AM by Guest »

Offline DirtyFor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »
I think it would scare them out their wits if you ask them to volunteer for a teen pregnancy support center in your city or neighborhood.

Teens will know firsthand  how hard it can be to be a single teen mom or teen parent. They will also take more responsibility if they decide to be more intimate with their partners.

Supporting or helping teen mom will surely knock some sense into them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:54:29 PM by Guest »

Offline WordFun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
Teens are not open to their parents about relationships and sex unless they are really close. If you have that kind of bond it will be easy for you to tell the consequences of pregnancy at a young age. If not then talking to her in a manner wherein you are not being inquisitive or *ertive for details will work. Give her the idea of the consequences that might happen once she gets pregnant.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:50:03 PM by Guest »

Offline Spinningor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
The rising number in teen pregnancy can be prevented by having a proper sex education at home and school. Since this is not only a social issue but a health issue as well, parents and teachers should work with each other in teaching teens about the risks of early pregnancy and the big responsibility in taking care of a child.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:39:33 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningGoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 07:37:15 PM »
I think teen pregnancy really involves their problems at home. If they don't have a problem at home and the parents is giving her so much attention and well disciplined, nothing could go wrong. So I think having a healthy family is the best way to avoid teen pregnancy.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:37:15 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatTreat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »
Yes, you're right. I have the same belief that the causes of teenage pregnancy are rooted in domestic problems. Teenage pregnancy is common among children who came from dys*nctional homes or families. I think children from unhappy homes also marry at early age and do not finish their studies. I think parents should really be responsible enough to take care of their children.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:51:16 PM by Guest »

Offline CleatGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
Yes, all of you are right. I share the same belief that children should be taught early on what’s right and wrong.  Many of today’s youth become pregnant at early age because they are sometimes neglected by their families and their parents. Parents and the schools have major roles in preventing teen pregnancy today.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:26:51 PM by Guest »

Tags: