Author Topic: What is a wingman?  (Read 257 times)

Offline LifeCool

• View Profile
What is a wingman?
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
Pardon my ignorance but what's a "wingman"? I know the dating kind of wingman but I heard some riders talking about their wingmen in their tour.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:57:36 PM by Guest »

Offline Reglector

• View Profile
Re: What is a wingman?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Wingman refers to a pilot whose craft is found behind and outside a formation. He is a duti*l follower of the leader of the flight formation. Symbolically, it means one is protecting one's back. The term was originally used in Top Gun released in 1986 and then in Swingers released in 1996.

In more urban terms or in pop culture, the wingman is your ally when you are out and partying in a singles bar. He helps you when it comes to approaching women whom you are eyeing as your potential mate.

This term has resurfaced, thanks to Barney Stinson of the hit TV series, How I Met Your Mother. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:11:24 PM by Guest »

Offline Skierpu

• View Profile
Re: What is a wingman?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
based on my knowledge a wingman is a kind of  pilot who supports another pilot in a potentially dangerous flying, he or she is the second pilot who is protecting the lead pilot by watching his/her back, his/her role is to add the element of mutual support to a combat.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:17:24 PM by Guest »

Tags: