Author Topic: Please help me decide what speakers to keep/sell/give away  (Read 207 times)

Offline michell

• View Profile
Please help me decide what speakers to keep/sell/give away
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:25:22 AM »
*o,

I'm about to relocate to a different state and I really don't want to bring all my speakers with me, which I've obtained for free over the last year. If you would, please help me decide which are worth keeping and which ones are better off left behind. I just don't know enough to make the right decision. I wouldn't mind rebuilding or getting some fixed if they're worth the repair costs. Looking foward to hearing what you guys think! Thanks in advance!

JBL 4311b control monitors - one speaker stopped working all of a sudden. I might have blown it by dropping the needle on a record with the volume turned up too much. other speaker has bad wood damage. these were my dad's and they used to sound great!!

Infinity Qb's - the emit tweeters don't seem to be working and the *ses seem to be OK. have read good things though

The Fisher XP-7k's - older sounding speaker but unique in a good way. one of the speakers has a slight rattle. i can't remember if it's a woofer of mid-range that makes the rattle.

Sony U45's - very light weight and seem kinda cheap but tweeter looks and sounds decent. maybe use the tweeter in anothe speaker?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:25:22 AM by Guest »

Offline vinciguerra

• View Profile
Re: Please help me decide what speakers to keep/sell/give aw
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »
Get rid of all of them and start fresh in your new digs.
I'm partial to the JBL's you have, but they have two problems, and you're moving.
If you can fix the technical problem, maybe worth it to hang on to the JBL's for truly outstanding garage or shop speakers, where the wood damage isn't such a big deal.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:13:28 AM by Guest »

Offline michell

• View Profile
Re: Please help me decide what speakers to keep/sell/give aw
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 01:56:03 AM »
Thanks VINCI :)

I was also considering that route. I have no idea if the JBL's are sal*eable but maybe it's worth looking into. Also, they're somewhat sentimental to me.

Anybody else have an opinion?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:56:03 AM by Guest »

Tags: