Author Topic: Italian-English Dictionaries  (Read 345 times)

Offline BlondieLakers

• View Profile
Italian-English Dictionaries
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:13 PM »
I am in love with the Italian language especially when I read the book, Eat Pray Love! Any dictionaries you know that has the best Italian-English translation?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:55:13 PM by Guest »

Offline SnoSearch

• View Profile
Re: Italian-English Dictionaries
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »
There’s this one called Oxford Italian Mini Dictionary and you can buy this in amazon.com! I think this serves as so far the best Italian dictionary because the former Italian dictionaries were improved through this one. What’s good about this is you get to buy this cheap! And you can carry this anywhere you go!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:55:41 PM by Guest »

Offline AutL04d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
Collins Italian Concise Dictionary Paperback is also a good source for learning the Italian language. Just like how great are the dictionaries of Collins, this one can be considered as one of the greats. If you get the chance to buy this, you’ll never put this one down! Try buying this in Amazon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:56:23 PM by Guest »

Offline B45k3tb4llWacky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »
Do you have a Kindle? I have a Kindle and I bought this Italian-English Dictionary Kindle Edition in amazon.com. I was totally fascinated with the technology today! I was screaming my lungs out as my Italian dictionary arrived in my kindle! And, I am still enjoying learning more and more Italian words anywhere each day with Kindle. If you have a Kindle, buy this dictionary and you’ll fall in love with the Italian language!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:56:55 PM by Guest »

Offline Lakersor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
I love the Bantam New College Italian/English Dictionary (Bantam New College Dictionary Series) [Paperback]. This is a packed pocketbook which will help you to be a fluent Italian speaker. As I spent a lot of time learning this language through different dictionaries, I learnt a lot through this one. Never have I failed in pronouncing words when I followed this one!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:57:27 PM by Guest »

Offline BasketballWeblog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »
The most use*l Italian dictionary I found is the Webster’s New World Italian Dictionary (English-Italian and Italian-English). This includes some Italian idioms, Italian sentences, and so forth. My professor in Italian language asked me to give him a copy of this very dictionary since he found it very concise and accurate!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:57:55 PM by Guest »

Offline ReducingSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »
What works for me though, apart from Merriam Webster's are these two distinctive Italian-English dictionaries such as Larousse Pocket Dictionary: Italian-English/English-Italian as well as Barron's Italian-English Dictionary: Dizionario Italiano-Inglese. They're promising for its good quality and accuracy plus reasonably priced. There you go! ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:55:52 PM by Guest »

Tags: