Author Topic: Good Korean-English dictionaries  (Read 234 times)

Offline Signown

• View Profile
Good Korean-English dictionaries
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »
Do you know any Korean dictionaries that also have translations to English and Spanish? I’ve been scraping the bookstores and I cannot find one. Help!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:49:57 PM by Guest »

Offline BlondieLakers

• View Profile
Re: Good Korean-English dictionaries
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:37 PM »
The dictionary Standard English-Korean Dictionary for Foreigners by B. J. Jones is the one you’re looking for! I love this because, first, this is a pocket-sized dictionary with 12,000 words in it! Secondly, this features Hangul alphabet so you can also get familiar with their letters. I use this whenever I watch Korean DVDs! Try it!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:50:37 PM by Guest »

Offline BasketballWeblog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »
I believe you’ll learn a lot with the Berlitz Korean Concise dictionary...I bought mine in Amazon.com and I was quite good now in using the Korean language! This is an indispensable and convenient use for those who want to learn this language. You can carry this dictionary anywhere. This dictionary features enough pronunciation and grammar sections so you’ll be satisfied!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:51:20 PM by Guest »

Offline SnoSearch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:07 PM »
The Korean dictionary that I have encountered and is best for beginners is the Korean Dictionary & Phrasebook: Korean-English/English-Korean (Hippocrene Dictionary and Phrasebook) (Korean Edition). I think this is best dictionary for travelers, because the words featured here the basic ones, which could also be help*l, and this is a pocket dictionary.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:52:07 PM by Guest »

Offline Lakersor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
I saw an Ad in Amazon about this Korean dictionary. This is a Basic Korean Dictionary Korean-English/English-Korean Perfect Paperback edition and Amazon offers free shipping for students! When I bought this, I was really satisfied with Amazon’s service, and I was satisfied more with this dictionary! This is best for the beginners. What I don’t appreciate about the other Korean dictionaries is they don’t use it and not only for the “casual tourist”.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:52:45 PM by Guest »

Offline AutL04d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
I also bought a korean dictionary in amazon.com. I tried to buy this one called oxford picture dictionary english-korean: bilingual dictionary for korean speaking teenage and adult students of English [Paperback]. I think this is help*l for the Koreans who want to learn the English language...this is easier because this has pictures on it, which is surprisingly informative for grown-ups as well!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:53:16 PM by Guest »

Tags: