Author Topic: What's the good brand for a French-English dictionary?  (Read 262 times)

Offline Lakersor

• View Profile
What's the good brand for a French-English dictionary?
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »
What brand can you suggest for a good French-English dictionary? I’m planning to enroll in a French language center, but I want to learn their basic words first.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:41:15 PM by Guest »

Offline BasketballWeblog

• View Profile
Re: What's the good brand for a French-English dictionary?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
I like the Merriam-Webster’s French-English Dictionary. I like it because it’s Merriam Webster’s and I think this brand just says it all. If I may add, this edition has an extensive Canadian French coverage. Like its dictionaries, there are also sample sentences for you to know the use of each word, Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:42:45 PM by Guest »

Offline SnoSearch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Larousse French English Dictionary is what I loved the most! This has been a great help when I toured Paris for my 30th birthday! I have been planning to visit Paris but my failure is when I forgot to learn at least a few word s before going there. What I did was I bought a lot of French English dictionaries, but only Larousse knocked the French language off its feet!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:43:20 PM by Guest »

Offline AutL04d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
I think the best French English, English French dictionary is the “Langenscheidt English-French, French-English dictionary”. I was really surprised to find this in Barnes & Noble. This is a very extensive source to know and learn the French language. I just love reading this and I think you’ll enjoy this dictionary, too!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:45:28 PM by Guest »

Offline B45k3tb4llWacky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
You have to go to the bookstore for French readers. Do you know that there is such? It’s “Pierre Books”. They offer French and Spanish books actually. You’ll find English frnech French English dictionaries there! Try visiting their store: 1892 Radius Drive/Polk Street, Hollywood, Fl 33020. Good luck on your search!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:46:23 PM by Guest »

Offline Signown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
If you are trying to learn the French language, or you’re a French book reader, you will be pleased about this dictionary called: A Frequency Dictionary of French: Core Vocabulary for Learners (Routledge Frequency Dictionaries) by Deryle Lonsdale.You must buy this book since it’ll help you learn on your own!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:47:52 PM by Guest »

Tags: