Author Topic: Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard Discussion  (Read 288 times)

Offline elcondor

• View Profile
Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard Discussion
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:10 AM »
I know there have been threads that discussed the keyboard, but I thought this would be a nice thread to keep ongoing questions and discussion about it. With that said, I will post my first questions:

Does anyone know of a way to flip from tab to tab within the browser? On my PCs, I just press ctrl+tab. But that does not work on this keyboard, nor does ctrl+w (used to close a tab). However, ctrl+t works fine to open a new tab.

Has anyone else experienced the sudden creation of multiple blank spaces instead of letters? As I was typing this, i found a couple times where there would be large breaks in my text with empty spaces, rather than actual text.

Has anyone else experienced the repeated character flaw? There have been a few times where it duplicates letters/spaces/numbers as I'm typing. Or so much as creating a few lines of text *ll of the same letter, as though a key was stuck. But, a few seconds of patience and the next few characters typed appear.

I just received my Keyboard in the mail today, so I'll give it some time. But as yet, there's no chance I'm showing my wife. She'll say I wasted my money
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:14:10 AM by Guest »

Offline zill

• View Profile
Re: Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »
yes to all those issues you have noticed.

its not the keyboard its more so the BT stack within the xoom tablet.

to test you can pair the bt keyboard to another device and will probably notice you wont get the stuck keys, blank spaces, etc. this has been known and motorola knows about it.

a way to stop the keyboard from sticking keys is to turn off the bt keyboard OR press the keyboard icon on the lower right notification area on the xooms display. this will stop characters from appearing. keep it that way for a few seconds, 15 or -ish, and then tap the keyboard icon to close the notification display. the board should re-acquaint itself with the tablet.

workarounds until moto releases a patch. this should, in theory, happen to any bt keyboard you pair with the xoom.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:59:43 AM by Guest »

Offline sarah.ann

• View Profile
Re: Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard Discussion
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »
Can you plug in any USB keyboard and have it work?

If I'm running a Windows app using the Citrix Receiver, can I expect the Ctrl and F# keys to work?

Can I plug a mouse into the USB port?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:08:47 AM by Guest »

Tags: