Author Topic: SMS Slang and Language  (Read 300 times)

Offline microinfo

• View Profile
SMS Slang and Language
« on: October 14, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
Hi! I would like to ask your opinion about the SMS slang being used nowadays. It gets irritating most of the time. I think it's very rude and disrespect*l.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:48:33 PM by Guest »

Offline CelebGazette

• View Profile
Re: SMS Slang and Language
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
I think it is also disrespect*l if you use SMS Slang. I hate it when people text me that and expect me to reply in the same manner.

I would rather take some time answering their messages as long as it is done in the proper manner.

People say they do it for convenience but it is still not right.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:16:11 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeUnlimited

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »
I remember when I was young, (I’m not that old okay?) my friends and I used to have a distinct way of communicating and I think it's pretty normal between friends. It was a mixture of signs and slang and hand gestures and everything else that could possibly be used to communicate. Then there's these whole different way of text messaging. It's really annoying! Teens are the one who are really patronizing this kind of messaging.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:09:12 PM by Guest »

Offline KavenSports

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
It is irritating when I receive messages in slang or in code from my acquaintances. I would understand if my friends sent those since we have our own world of speech and jokes and inside stories. I get bothered when colleagues used short cuts and wrong grammar in their SMS text to me especially if they're my colleagues from our industry which is magazine publishing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:06:18 PM by Guest »

Tags: