Author Topic: How do I heal after wart removal?  (Read 344 times)

Offline CompanyCompanion

• View Profile
How do I heal after wart removal?
« on: November 06, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
How do I heal after wart removal? I had a cryotherapy a couple of months ago and all went well but the spots left behind where the warts were removed are now a little darker and very rough. What procedures can I go on to get back my normal skin?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:22:03 AM by Guest »

Offline CompanyHan

• View Profile
Re: How do I heal after wart removal?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:45:54 AM »
I believe the phenomenon you are describing is most likely post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. This is a variant of the skin's normal response to an injury which in your case, cryotherapy. Dark pigments are the collection of melanocytes at the site of injury. Many cases of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation will get better on their own without treatment, although this can often take many months. If the area on question is in a spot that is not a big deal, cosmetically, then a 'watch and wait' approach is probably appropriate. You can apply a good skin moisturizing cream, including those containing vitamin E, and wait for the changes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:45:54 AM by Guest »

Offline CompanyHan

• View Profile
Re: How do I heal after wart removal?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:46:11 AM »
However, if the area is bothersome to you, there are some other treatment options available. One of these would be a bleaching or lightening cream, consult your dermatologist about it for prescription. You should avoid home bleaching remedies as these can be damaging to the skin. Sometimes your dermatologist will also prescribe a steroid cream, which at times can help improve the rate of return to normal skin pigmentation. The last resort I’m looking at would be microabrasion or laser therapy if nothing’s changed after the recourse you did.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:46:11 AM by Guest »

Tags: