Author Topic: Skilled  (Read 179 times)

Offline CompanyGossip

• View Profile
Skilled
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
My mother is unemplo*. Her skills include her being computer savvy and her ability to bake cupcakes and pastries. Would you think it's practical for her to venture into cupcake selling now?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:14:53 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyJunky

• View Profile
Re: Skilled
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
Instead of setting up shop in a separate venue, she can use her home as a mini commissary. For her home baking business, she can entertain orders via phone or via email or via chat. She can promote her business using Twitter and Facebook posts. She can also take part in a bazaar or two. At this point, having her own shop is impractical. It's more practical to make use of what she has -- her own home, her network, and her computer.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:31:17 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeJolly

• View Profile
Re: Skilled
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »
Not only does your mom venturing into baking and selling cupcakes for income practical, it's also a wise, wise decision. I mean, she has the chance to do what she loves doing and earn money from it. Doesn't this sound great? I would love to do something I love in my workplace but I can't because my parents think that being a painter in a family of engineers is really embarr*ing and not to mention, it doesn't give me the money I need.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:45:55 PM by Guest »

Tags: