Author Topic: Can exercise relieve depression?  (Read 183 times)

Offline ShiyaBall

• View Profile
Can exercise relieve depression?
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:09:55 AM »
My BFF has been going through a lot these days so I hope to uplift her spirits. Do you think having her join me in my running and swimming exercises can get rid of her depression?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:09:55 AM by Guest »

Offline BallNotes

• View Profile
Re: Can exercise relieve depression?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
Exercising can relieve a person's depression. Exercise releases the body's natural feel-good chemical (or hormone) called serotonin. When you exercise, your body is flooded with this hormone and that is why you feel good immediately after exercising. If you exercise long enough, your body will continually release this hormone.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:37:59 PM by Guest »

Offline Balleyfa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
You're right. Exercise helps relieve stress. Aerobic activity, yoga and recreational sports can help you relax and relieve muscles of the stress caused by work. Through exercise, your appetite also improves which helps the body in taking nutrients that can help in fighting stress. Exercise also improves blood circulation and lower blood pressure which gives you a feeling of being relaxed.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:15:42 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyNot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
Definitely - exercise is one of the best ways to relieve stress. Exercise can help you find relaxation through exercises like yoga and aerobics. Running can also help relieve muscles of the stress caused by overwork and fatigue. Exercise releases substances that counter the toxic effects of stress. It also lowers blood pressure and improves blood circulation as well as relieve mental stress.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:35:53 PM by Guest »

Tags: