Author Topic: UN and other Nations  (Read 307 times)

Offline Ballerso

• View Profile
UN and other Nations
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »
How effective is the United Nations in keeping peace among nations and in preventing rogue governments from starting wars or chaos? Is the UN effective in its role?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:10:56 AM by Guest »

Offline BallLocal

• View Profile
Re: UN and other Nations
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »
I think the debate whether UN being effective or not will be a hot debate. Even in countries where the leader is already killing its people, the UN seems to be helpless in enforcing the law. Just look at what is happening in Syria.

The UN can only impose its will on those countries which are quite poor and can't do anything but to agree to the demands being imposed by stronger countries.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:21:59 PM by Guest »

Offline Balleyfa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
I agree. The United Nations is just like a symbolic group or *ociation of nations. It seems powerless over wealthy and power*l countries, perhaps because politics gets in the way of the real work of the UN. The UN's main role is to keep the peace and not allow big, power*l countries to bully the smaller nations. But it doesn't happen because of politics in the organization.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:02:55 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyNot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
Well, that’s the role of the United Nations - to be the mediator for all the nations of the world. Although the organization may sometimes look powerless over rich and influential nations, I think it has succeeded in calling the attention of people to important issues such as poverty, hunger, education and peace problems. It’s sometimes disappointing to know that big nations take advantage of smaller and less power*l nations and the UN can’t seem to act on it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:37:18 PM by Guest »

Tags: