Author Topic: First time  (Read 515 times)

Offline CompanyCrash

• View Profile
First time
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
I am about to move to my first apartment. What are the do's and don'ts that I should keep in mind?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:24:39 PM by Guest »

Offline 101Vam

• View Profile
Re: First time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
There really aren't written rules for first time apartment owners but there are common sense things you should keep in mind. Here are a few of them:

Change all locks and door knobs.
Check all electricity outlets and lights.
Check water availability.
Pay your bills on time.
Pay the rent on time.
Be nice to your neighbors

I think that's about it. Just be nice to everyone and be cautious with your surroundings.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:53:41 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Mdogg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
I agree with the first comment. It's all about safety first. Just because the apartment complex you've moved in to seems safe, doesn't mean you shouldn't follow extra safety precautions. Your landlord is responsible for providing you with working locks and a safe outdoor environment, but you are responsible for letting him know about any problems with these things.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:45:49 PM by Guest »

Offline 411nditec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »
What do you think are the biggest factor on having your own apartment? Is it being free without the parents bugging you all the time?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:47:54 PM by Guest »

Offline Sportsra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
We all know that the cost of moving out can be a shocker. Yes, you may have freedom but what if you can't afford it anyway? Living on your own means feeding yourself, and that means regular trips to the store. Budget at least $40 a week for groceries, or more depending upon your eating habits. You will also need a lot of things like dishes, utensils, a vacuum cleaner and many more. That's the disadvantage of living in an apartment.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:39:49 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsSpondias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »
The biggest factors that you should always keep in mind when you are about to rent is to see the apartment thoroughly, be sure that the landlord writes into the lease (and signs) any promised repairs and be aware of any maintenance responsibilities if you are renting a house. Don’t sign a lease that gives the landlord unlimited access without notification unless in the case of an emergency should landlords be permitted to enter your apartment without notifying you first.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:08:26 PM by Guest »

Tags: