Author Topic: Pet  (Read 444 times)

Offline CompanyCombretum

• View Profile
Pet
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
My prospective roommate has a pet dog. Our landlord is not that strict. How do I tell him that I'm not comfortable having pets around?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:15:32 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeQuote

• View Profile
Re: Pet
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »
You just tell your prospective roommate that. It'll be better if you are being honest to them. I don't think, though, that there is a problem with having pets in the apartment but I understand where you are coming from. Most people don't like living with pets because it seems like there's a baby at home and that's not good for happy-go-lucky people.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:05:48 PM by Guest »

Offline SmartCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »
Yes, that's right. You can tell him frankly about without being angry. Just tell him about the real reason why you don't want to have a pet in your room. He may not like it but it's good that you inform him about it. If he is sensible enough, maybe he would understand and keep his pet in a proper place.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:17:23 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Mdogg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »
That's right. You can tell him frankly and let them know that you are also allergic to pets. There are some buildings and apartments that are not allowing pets rooming around inside the premises. It's also a better way to talk to your landlord about this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:21:26 PM by Guest »

Offline SnowboardAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »
If you will have a roommate, you have to discuss everything that you like and don’t like inside your apartment or else you will have problems while you are already living with your roommate. Don’t cover up what you don’t like because you will just be *ed when you see the dog running around your place.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:11:49 PM by Guest »

Offline God101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »
I don’t think it is right to allow pets inside the room, especially if you live in a small apartment. I just wish your roommate would be sensitive enough to this. But you can tell him frankly how you feel and maybe give some explanations. He may not like what you’re going to say but at least, you have to inform him. And if it works, you’ve to thank him for being considerate enough.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:15:30 PM by Guest »

Tags: