Author Topic: Unemployment blues  (Read 300 times)

Offline ComfitCompany

• View Profile
Unemployment blues
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:18 PM »
My cousin has been out of work since May 2011. Should her family be alarmed? How can she deal with her low self-esteem?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:04:18 PM by Guest »

Offline GingerCompany

• View Profile
Re: Unemployment blues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
Well, I think that's something to worry about for the family, especially if she has children to support. Maybe what she should do is think of something to augment the family income. Take up some menial jobs or study to make herself productive. It's not good to dwell in misery. They should encourage her to look for work.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:15:29 PM by Guest »

Offline 999ball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
I guess that has been a long time and going on for a year. But you can help your friend. First thing you can do is to check her resume. If there is something wrong with her resume, correct it. A good and impressive resume is a key to getting job interview.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:35:44 PM by Guest »

Offline BallBalzacian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »
What she needs is the encouragement of her friends and family. You can help her find a job through your own network of friends and acquaintances. Some people may only need a little motivation to get them moving and I think your friend only needs some of it. If she is educated and qualified for a job, I don't see any reason why she would keep herself in that situation.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:51:17 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Desk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »
It’s really a matter of concern for the family especially in these difficult times. I think she should think of a way to help the family earn more income. You can encourage her and show support so that she will be motivated to find a job. This is the time for you to show your support for her. I just wish she could find a job.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:27:06 PM by Guest »

Offline 411dsfico

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »
Surely you can help her find a job. Maybe she just needs the support of family and friends and I think it is a major factor in her decision. That’s right; you should encourage her and inspire her to look for work. I’m sure she’ll find the right job, knowing that she is qualified and she has some skills. It may take time but she’ll be able to overcome that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:02:43 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeOnline

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
I know a lot people who have been unemplo* for far longer. The financial crash of 2008 really saw so many people lose their jobs. I agree with the previous posts, encouragement is needed.

I suggest that your cousin try to go to school again and learn something new. She just cannot lie around and wait for blessings to come to her way. She must act and take the bull by the horns. This is the only way opportunities will happen.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:06:27 PM by Guest »

Tags: