Author Topic: Pregnat while on pill - will it arm my baby?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Balloque

• View Profile
Pregnat while on pill - will it arm my baby?
« on: November 03, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
I’m currently taking Depo-Provera to prevent unprepared pregnancy. What if I got pregnant while on the pill will it harm my baby?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:45:24 PM by Guest »

Offline BallRazu

• View Profile
Re: Pregnat while on pill - will it arm my baby?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »
The pill will not harm the baby. You should not continue when you realized that you are pregnant. It is important that your doctor know that you are taking a kind of birth control when you are expecting a baby. Babies who are born to a mother who is taking Depo-Provera do not show any signs of poor health.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:19:54 PM by Guest »

Offline SporoidSports

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
I don't think you can get pregnant if you are on the pill. I mean, it's birth control pills, anyway. If ever you skipped a pill and got pregnant but still is taking the pill, yes, this will harm your baby. This may give the baby a disease or some abnormality or worse, this can kill your baby. If you are on the pill, take it religiously so you won't get pregnant.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:24:04 PM by Guest »

Offline BallWubba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »
If you find out that you became pregnant while using the pill, I can *ure you that there will be no harm to your baby in any way, however, it is still a healthy measure and wise enough that when you found you're pregnant, stop taking contraceptive pills and use an alternate form of birth control, like condoms. Fetuses exposed to the pill during early pregnancy are not at increased risk for developing complications or birth defects but are you willing to take the risk for your child if ever? It's your choice.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:29:33 PM by Guest »

Offline CommunityCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
If you continued taking your birth control pill because you didn't realize you were pregnant, don't be alarmed. Despite years of this accident happening, there's very little evidence that exposure to the hormones in birth control pills causes birth defects to the baby. However, once you learn that you're pregnant, stop taking the birth control pill.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:37:07 PM by Guest »

Offline 411nkeite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
There is no conclusive evidence that suggests that your baby will be harmed in any way by having been conceived while you were on the Pill or, for that matter, if you started taking the Pill while you were unknowingly pregnant. However, just to be safe, if you suspect you are pregnant, you should discontinue using the Pill and consult your health care professional.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:25:19 PM by Guest »

Tags: