Author Topic: Social Security Lawyer  (Read 456 times)

Offline 101anceba

• View Profile
Social Security Lawyer
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »
I have been living in Brazil for almost a year and I want to claim my social security benefits. Can I hire a social security lawyer to take care of my appeals case with the SSA while I'm here?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:54:09 AM by Guest »

Offline Awakewo

• View Profile
Re: Social Security Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »
In general it is recommended to hire an attorney to *ist in your SSS. I have read in one article that taxed for foreigners in Brazil is at a flat rate of 27.5% on your earned income or 15% on other income except dividends paid from a Brazilian entity, which are tax exempt. The source of income is determined by the location of the income payer or your miscellaneous income. I'm not really sure about this so it's really better to hire an attorney regarding with your concern.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:10:53 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeNearly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
If you are an American living abroad, you are still entitled to receive your social security benefits. If you can't come to personally attend your hearing or appeal, I think you may call or authorize a social security lawyer to represent you. You can check this information by accessing the site of the Social Security Administration.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:19:42 PM by Guest »

Offline Twe1veAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
That’s right; you can still get your social security benefits even if you are living abroad. All you need to do is inform the agency where to deposit your money and you can withdraw it from anywhere through your bank. In regard to the hearing, you may get a social security lawyer to represent you in your appeal or review. You can also look for information regarding this on the SSA website.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:20:06 PM by Guest »

Offline TalentedBall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
You can receive and use your social security benefits even if you are living abroad as long as you are qualified to receive them. Just make sure you inform the agency when you want the money to be deposited. If you have issues with your benefits, you can get the services of a social security lawyer to represent in your review or appeal.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:50:02 PM by Guest »

Tags: