Author Topic: Legal actions for my doctor  (Read 677 times)

Offline CompanyMoto

• View Profile
Legal actions for my doctor
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »
Can I take legal actions with my doctor who fails to give me the right medicine for my eyes? My eye has a blood clot. And I really think the medicines that he gave me worsen my eyes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:01:17 AM by Guest »

Offline AutSports

• View Profile
Re: Legal actions for my doctor
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
The short answer to your question is 'yes, you can take legal actions against your doctor.' However, you have to prove that there is negligence or bad faith on his part. And many lawyers will tell you that this is hard to prove.

I would suggest that you get a second-opinion instead.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:28:04 PM by Guest »

Offline TinSports

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
Yes, that's right. You can sue your doctor for medical malpractice for negligence due to his failure to provide the right medication for your eyes. In medical negligence claims, you need to have sufficient evidence to prove your allegation otherwise you won't get your claim. Try to consult with a lawyer first to know your options.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:53:40 PM by Guest »

Offline BalBall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »
When it comes to health problems, it's very necessary that we have to always make sure that our medicines are good for our body and health. Yes, you can sue your doctor for not giving you the right medicine that you need. Once a physician undertakes treatment of a patient, he or she has a continuing legal duty to treat that patient until the need for his or her services is at an end or until the physician-patient relationship is terminated law*lly.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:22:43 PM by Guest »

Offline Ballanhema

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »
I had the same problem before. It was very frustrating. My doctor keep on insisting that it was the right medicine for me but when I had asked for a second opinion from another physician, he said it wasn't the right prescription. My former doctor was asked to pay me and had to be suspended for about a year. They should really learn their lesson. It's health here that we are talking about anyway.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:17:05 PM by Guest »

Offline Awakels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:36 PM »
Yes, you can file medical malpractice against your doctor for not giving you the right medication or treatment for your eyes. Under the law, he can be liable for negligence for this failure. If you can support your claim with evidence, it would be better. I think you need to consult a lawyer for this. Ask him what your options are.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:16:36 PM by Guest »

Tags: