Author Topic: Net or newspaper?  (Read 516 times)

Offline Sportsouts

• View Profile
Net or newspaper?
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Advertisement listings of room rentals and apartments are everywhere, from internet to brad sheets. And I am planning to look for a place that I can rent for my contractual work at San Jose, California. For you, where is the most trusted reference to get a room rent – in the net or the newspaper?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:40:57 PM by Guest »

Offline WittyCompany

• View Profile
Re: Net or newspaper?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
I think both the internet and the newspaper are good sources of leads showing apartments for rent. Online ads are a dime a dozen so spotting a possible lead is easy for you. Most landlords are also readily available to answer your inquiry via phone call or SMS. Ads posted on the dailies are also help*l for apartment hunters like you. Just make sure you conduct ocular before you commit to a place.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:29:21 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyComplice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
There is no other way to know for sure if a rental listing is legit. You would really have to go there. If you have friends in the area where you will be renting, I suggest you bunk in with them instead or ask them for advice in looking for an apartment. If you want, you can "walk in" to the apartments to know for sure and to know right away if there's a vacancy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:30:27 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Mdogg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
It's easier to find an apartment through the Internet. However, i'd rather rent an apartment based on a referral of a friend, so I would know if it's safe or if there is any good with the apartment especially with its history. I wouldn't want to rent an apartment that is completely stranger. I really think that's creepy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:02:29 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsSpondias

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »
I'd rather look in a newspaper because it's legal. Posting some advertisement through the internet can sometimes be a spam. After checking it in the newspaper, I would visit and walk in and ask for some inquiries. I think that's the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:25:17 PM by Guest »

Tags: