Author Topic: Asking for medical records?  (Read 334 times)

Offline 101Peatear

• View Profile
Asking for medical records?
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
My family lives in San Jose, California but we are planning to move in Fremont, CA. Do I need to ask our family doctor for our medical records since we are planning to get a new physician?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:54:20 PM by Guest »

Offline Ballanhema

• View Profile
Re: Asking for medical records?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
I think there's no policy about this. You can ask for your medical records anytime you want. The doctor for sure will *ist you and give you the records that you will need for your *ture reference not that you are moving to another town.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:07:08 PM by Guest »

Offline BallPinball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »
Medical records aren't just about your physical health. They also include mental health care, so it's also very important. Aside from that, according to federal law, we have the right to get copies of most medical records, whether they are paper copies, or electronic health records. Doctors' notes, medical test results, lab reports and billing information must be supplied to us if we ask for it properly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:55:50 PM by Guest »

Offline 999Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:12:10 PM »
Indeed. It is best to have proper medical records with you so you will not need to do a repetitive medical diagnostics with your new doctor. You can make a request prior to your transfer of residency. You can also ask for doctor referrals too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:12:10 PM by Guest »

Tags: