Author Topic: Mistakes  (Read 541 times)

Offline CompanyFan

• View Profile
Mistakes
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
When you became independent and had your first apartment, what were the mistakes that you committed in terms of living conditions or decisions about home-related concerns?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:08:05 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyRomany

• View Profile
Re: Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
It was really all about independence. At my first apartment and the next succeeding ones, I always have had to fend for myself. I had to look up the number of the police station, the fire station, and the nearest clinic for my *urance. My mistakes were many, but one major mistake I won't ever forget is failing to plug my re*erator after the movers left. It took about three days before I realized my mistake. I had to clean the re*erator on top of unpacking and organizing my possessions.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:28:37 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Mdogg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
My only mistake was I wasn't that prepared yet. You know that feeling that you just want to move out and yet you are not financially prepared yet? It was horrible but thank god I was able to survive this. My first month was pretty tough. I also end up walking just to go to work to save money. I can't imagine myself doing that in my whole life. But I guess it was all worth it.  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:34:59 PM by Guest »

Offline GeneralAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:10 PM »
One of the mistakes I made when I got my apartment for the first time was not considering its accessibility. It was located in a place that was out of the way for public transportation. Since I had no car during that car, I had to spend much on transportation, such as bringing my laundry or buying some grocery items. But later on, when I finally bought a car, everything went well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:42:10 PM by Guest »

Offline 411nditec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Even if you are living alone, would you consider asking for a little help from your parents even if you’re being away for years? I'm broke and I don't know where to run to anymore.  :(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:49:35 PM by Guest »

Offline Sportsra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »
As an answer to you 411nditec, you have to call your parents right away. There's no place like home and I'm very sure they will accept you no matter what. They miss you for sure and have been waiting for you to come back for so long. So pack up your things and go home.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:34:37 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsSpondias

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
Renting my first apartment was very rewarding and at the same time can be challenging. I had too many problems when I was starting to live on my own. And that is--I wasn't prepared for the budget which is very important. Creating a budget is considered necessary even before starting the process of looking for an apartment and I didn't know that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:04:31 PM by Guest »

Tags: