Author Topic: Urban Dictionary  (Read 529 times)

Offline BooshAwake

• View Profile
Urban Dictionary
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
Hi! I hear my friend said our other friend is "hoax". What do you mean by the word "hoax" in the Urban Dictionary?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:44:45 PM by Guest »

Offline AutAwake

• View Profile
Re: Urban Dictionary
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:34 PM »
Actually, the word hoax is defined by other regular dictionaries and the definition in the urban dictionary isn't different. According to http://urbandictionary.com, hoax is "to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false and often preposterous" which is the exact same definition given by the Merriam Webster (online) dictionary.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:49:34 PM by Guest »

Offline BallEyeball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:54:38 PM »
The word "hoax" in the urban dictionary means, "IMPOSTURE". Your friend and your other friend seem to have a cold war or conflict or sort of misunderstanding. Hoax definition on free online dictionary in the other hand means humbug and fake. If someone told you that you are a hoax, well that’s not a good though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:54:38 PM by Guest »

Offline BallCotton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
Joel also said this word in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Jim Carrey pla* the role of Joel in the said movie. He mentioned the word "hoax" in the scene where he read the message from the Lacuna Inc. from Clementine (Kate Winslette). He thought that the message was just a "hoax" or fake. Just saying.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:55:16 PM by Guest »

Offline BozAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
"Hoax" is pertaining to deception or fraud. In other words, hoax means fake. A person can also be called hoax. If you are called a hoax that means you are deceiving people for the sake of just deceiving them. I personally consider gypsy and fortune tellers as hoax. Hahaha!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:01:25 PM by Guest »

Offline CommelinaCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
A person if called "hoax" that means he is dishonest. He is deceiving people to take advantage of them and of course he will benefit to that. Concerning friendship, I can't say I have hoax friends because I only have few friends and apparently they are true to me and they are not "user friendly".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:33:41 PM by Guest »

Offline CompanyCapo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
Hoax means to trick in urban dictionary. People make some stories to ruin someone else’s re*tion. For example, the last supper painting in the movie "The Da Vinci Code". It is nothing but complete hoax. Based on the movie, the original painting and the last supper we grew up with are not the same. Mary Magdeline and Jesus Christ are beside each other in the movie The Da Vinci Code. Well, it's actually the other way around.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:51:47 PM by Guest »

Tags: