Author Topic: Choosing a roommate?  (Read 628 times)

Offline 101mentry

• View Profile
Choosing a roommate?
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Roommate squabbles are my son’s problem to fix. What If he does not get along with his roommate, can I find a new one?   Can I choose a roommate for him?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:48:29 PM by Guest »

Offline 101Slay

• View Profile
Re: Choosing a roommate?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »
As you have said, the squabbles between your son and his roommate is his problem to fix. You should not get in between that...well, except if your son is 6 years old and he is fighting with a sibling. If that's not the case, lay off. If you want to make your son look like he's such a mama's boy who can't stand on his own feet, then by all means, go meddle with their business.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:23:39 PM by Guest »

Offline BallLowball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:36:50 PM »
You shouldn't do that. Your son should learn how to fight his own battles. You can only advise him, give him leads, and provide resources. Do not look for a roommate for him intentionally. If a family friend has a son looking for a roommate and their logistical needs match, that is acceptable. To interview, screen, and find a roommate in behalf of your son is different. He might be teased for not being able to take care of his problems by himself.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:36:50 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningNearly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:50:40 PM »
I agree. You should not give your son too much protection otherwise he will not grow up strong. Let him find himself a way to adjust with other people and how to interact. Living with a roommate who has a different personality may help him realize that he should behave and go along with people despite their differences. Let him grow up.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:50:40 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Mdogg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
I agree. Giving your son too much protection can spoil him. Just let him be and let him fix his problem on his own so that he will grow up and be matured enough to face the consequences in his life. You have to set him free now that he is on his own. You can never choose what kind of roommate he should have and never choose a roommate for your son for god's sake.  :shock:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:32:28 PM by Guest »

Offline SnowboardAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
I think it is better if he will be the one in charge to look for his roommate. What you can do is guide him in looking for one. It is not a good idea because he will be the one living with the roommate, so you have to consider what he wants too in looking for a roommate.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:06:36 PM by Guest »

Offline Sportsra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
What is the age of your son? As also a mother, I know the feeling. If he's still underage, you may choose a roommate for your son. I believe we all know what is the best for our son and we only want to keep them safe at all times.  You may ask for some recommendations from your friends that are also looking for a roommate.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:40:22 PM by Guest »

Tags: