Author Topic: Attorney job  (Read 542 times)

Offline InternetBright

• View Profile
Attorney job
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
How to get a suitable attorney job for my son who is graduating with a law degree this coming March?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:22:16 PM by Guest »

Offline SnoopySpinning

• View Profile
Re: Attorney job
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
First he has to p* the bar which would give him the license to practice his profession. In the mean time, he has to gain experience and be familiar with the legal procedures. I suggest that he take up an apprentice job at a state or federal court. This will give him exposure as well as proper training on how to represent and defend a client in court.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:42:13 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeSnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
I'm a law student and I'm a little bit worried about these speculations about our profession not getting enough employment. Is this true?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:31:02 PM by Guest »

Offline Awakewo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »
I agree with you InternetBright  :( there are a lot of graduates today specially the law students who are not getting hired as a lawyer. The only thing I can advise to you is that, do not rely your employment on campus interviews. Going to local job fairs is a stress*l but what's important is to get noticed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:38:45 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeNearly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
Experience is important to a young lawyer so I think the best job for you right now is to apply as intern in a state or federal court. This will help you gain knowledge about the legal procedures in court. In time, when you get to practice your profession, you will have a wealth of knowledge on how the court operation and you can use this as an edge over your opponents.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:45:20 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeBake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:33:24 PM »
Yes, that’s right. The first thing he must do is hurdle the bar exams to get his license to practice law. While reviewing for the bar, your son may take an apprentice job and gain experience. He can apply for a position in a law firm and work as staff or paralegal. He can also take apprentice job at state or federal courts. This will help him gain the experience and skill he needed when he’s ready to practice law.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:33:24 PM by Guest »

Offline Twe1veAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
Well, for young lawyers, they can work as junior partners or *ociates in a law firm. They can also work as intern in courts. The advantage of working in courts is that they can have experience and gain some knowledge in court procedures .This will be use*l when they eventually go into practice later. A young lawyer should get as much experience in practice as possible.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:25:45 PM by Guest »

Offline TalentedBall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
That’s correct. Young lawyers should first gain experience that he can use in the *ture. Maybe a job working in related fields. You can apply for a job in Congress or in one of the state courts. I’m sure these jobs are all related to your field of expertise. Someday you can use the knowledge that you gained from here in your practice.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:58:18 PM by Guest »

Tags: