Author Topic: Can I be a great artist?  (Read 327 times)

Offline PukingSpinning

• View Profile
Can I be a great artist?
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
Some people are just not born artists. I was just wondering, can art school can really turn someone into a great artist? Or are you just going to learn how to paint?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:50:17 PM by Guest »

Offline VampireSpinning

• View Profile
Re: Can I be a great artist?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »
You can learn the basics and the techniques of painting in school under visual art. You can even study as an apprentice under a master painter. One can learn all these and yet be beset by challenges. When one has p*ion for it, neither hardship nor expenses can stop one from becoming a good artist. A great artist has a vision and when he or she presents that vision, he or she has the power to stir emotions in every viewer. Vision and creativity surp* know-how in technique.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:38:41 PM by Guest »

Offline NondefeatGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:51:30 PM »
Of course you can be a great artist on your own! If you put your mind and effort into it, you will become great. You might not have been born an artist but you were born to be success*l. You were born to become the best that you can be. That should become your motivation. Good luck on becoming an artist! :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:51:30 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatGreenroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Well, you can be if you have what it takes to be one. Aside from skills, a great artist must have a good perspective and a unique way of expression. You can only learn the basic skills in art education but the way to express yourself will rest ultimately on you. You must be highly creative and p*ionate with your art.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:48:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LudaCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
Some people have artistic talent and some people just don’t. I think that art school can bring out the hidden artistic talent of an individual and hone his skills, but will be as use*l as a used matchstick for people who just don’t have it. One other important thing that artist have that other people don’t is inspiration.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:50:55 PM by Guest »

Tags: