Author Topic: Buying post-operation medications before the surgery?  (Read 231 times)

Offline SpinningQuayle

• View Profile
Buying post-operation medications before the surgery?
« on: November 17, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
My sister is scheduled for an inguinal herniotomy surgery next week. Does she need some post-operation medications? If yes, can I buy them prior to her operation so they are available when she returns home? I will be the one to look after her, that I s why I want to prepare everything.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:43:01 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatnessGreat

• View Profile
Re: Buying post-operation medications before the surgery?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
That is such a sweet thing to do. I hope my sister does the same for me... Not that I want to get sick and be confined into a hospital. Anyway, I don't think it's wise to buy post-operation medicines this early because there might be some findings that will require for you to buy a different set of medications like allergies or something, we wouldn't know until after the operation. You can always talk to the doctor while your sister's in recovery so you can prepare before she comes back to the room.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:15:52 PM by Guest »

Offline SportSpondias

• View Profile
Re: Buying post-operation medications before the surgery?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
I think she will need post-operation medications.  Better to wait for the doctor’s advice regarding specific medicines before you buy medicines. There might be last-minute developments after the surgery. The important aspect here is that you’re there with her and for her before, during, and especially after the operation for her post-surgery recovery.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:28:18 PM by Guest »

Tags: