Author Topic: unlock and lock  (Read 248 times)

Offline SpinningMoving

• View Profile
unlock and lock
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:20:46 AM »
I was always given a hand me down phones o I think I don’t have any idea about phone locking/unlocking. What is phone locking/unlocking and how does it work?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:20:46 AM by Guest »

Offline SpinningSpiker

• View Profile
Re: unlock and lock
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
In the GSM market, network operators has this exclusive policy in which they generally sell cell phones at a lower price than the normal market value to attract customers but that phone is locked and is bound for  exclusive activation on their network. As a result, many cell phone owners are stuck with a phone they paid for but that can't be used on another network. As for me, I think that’s so unfair when you bought their network service with a good price and there you have your phone but cannot do everything with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:24:01 AM by Guest »

Offline SpinningGambit

• View Profile
Re: unlock and lock
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:00:20 AM »
In today's market, mobile service providers provide you a phone which you can only use on their network (i.e. You can only use Sprint mobile provided phones on a Sprint network). This is to ensure that you will stay loyal to them since you got a phone which was practically given to you at cost.

When you unlock a phone, you reset it so that it can be used with another network. When you get a mobile phone from Sprint and have that phone unlocked, you can use a SIM provided by AT & T.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:00:20 AM by Guest »

Tags: