Author Topic: Lonely Place  (Read 470 times)

Offline SpinningMeriting

• View Profile
Lonely Place
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
I don’t think I would like to live in a retirement home when I get old no matter what activities they have there. I would rather be with my family. What about you?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:32:36 PM by Guest »

Offline SpinningStirring

• View Profile
Re: Lonely Place
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »
I think that living in a retirement home is one of the lowest points of an elderly life. Sometimes when I see old people in that kind of home setting, it really breaks my heart. for me, I opt to live my life at my own home with my husband, until the last day of our lives, also I don’t want to bother the lives of my children.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:58:24 PM by Guest »

Offline RehearingSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
You are definitely looking at retirement plans that wrong way. You need to realize that retirement is a part of your life where you can start to live again. Unlike you, a lot of people still have to work beyond their retirement years, so consider this as a resting period that you can spoil yourself with.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:06:11 PM by Guest »

Offline ReseatGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »
Retirement facilities US has changed over the years. Unlike those you see in the movies which are misconceptions on their own, you will find retirement facilities in the U.S. that are reminiscent of resorts, hotels and other premium facilities that will cater to your every whim, it is great to retire, so why be afraid of leaving your kids?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:06:22 PM by Guest »

Offline RocketSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »
Retirement is not the last resort of your life. Sure, it may sound sad, but it is actually promising to retire without the need for your family, or without the presence of your family at all times. Since there are facilities for you that can be paid for by social security and medicare, you can live a luxurious life post employment and enjoy the life of a retiree.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:06:32 PM by Guest »

Offline GatoSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:51:01 PM »
That would depend on the retirement home I’m going to end up in. I would rather live with my children, but as I grow older I will me more difficult to be around with. I will eventually grow weaker and will need *istance every day. I would not want to be a burden to my family. If it was up to me I would like to keep my house and spend the rest of my days there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:51:01 PM by Guest »

Offline CanyonsCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
Who wants to live in a retirement place anyway? I'm also hoping that I would live with my family when I get old. I'm currently taking care of my parents at home and I really hope that my children can see what I'm doing. I don't want to die lonely. That's all I'm hoping for.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:04:34 PM by Guest »

Offline RoyalSports

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »
Sharing the same sentiment. I also prefer living and growing old with my family if the time permits me to accomplish that. However, our children will grow old too and have their own family. I think the best solution is to stay at our own house and visit them as much as possible. And make good use of the time until living alone is no longer possible.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:37:32 PM by Guest »

Offline 411Insider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
No one wants to live in a lonely place. We all want to grow old with our kids taking care of us. As for me, if my kids would want me to live in their home that would be great, but if they choose to put me in that lonely place, I can't do anything because I'm old and they would know what's the best for my health.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:25:33 PM by Guest »

Tags: