Author Topic: Maps are p*e?  (Read 234 times)

Offline Greateu

• View Profile
Maps are p*e?
« on: November 09, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »
Do you think that maps are out-of-date and not usable anymore? Do you think they have been replaced by GPS and Google maps?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:04:57 PM by Guest »

Offline GreegreeGreat

• View Profile
Re: Maps are p*e?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
I don't think maps are p*é. I agree that Google maps and GPS devices are ubiquitous, and people can easily log on and check directions. There are times that these advanced ways are not enough to satisfy one's road wanderlust. A road map gives details and landmarks even from previous decades. It gives one a sense of adventure and an expansive sense of travel. Reading a printed map is like going back to old times where the destination serves as both a reward and end for a rigorous search.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:33:55 PM by Guest »

Offline SportContent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »
Maps are actually vintage do*ents considering that Google Maps and GPS have replaced them with the latter making our travel easier.  Consider the following notion, though: Maps nowadays can show you alternative routes, be they longer or shorter routes. With Google Maps and especially with GPS, you have a set destination, and you are usually in a hurry to reach your destination. The allure of maps is the idea that it forces you to slow down and encourages you to discover new destinations and new routes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:23:34 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatRunning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
Personally, I think maps are beginning to be p*e. Google Maps is more reliable than the vintage maps. However, there are still some locations which can be explored using the old maps. But these are quite few.

The GPS will take a couple of more years before it can really replace the good old map. Some driving directions are not even right or out-of-date!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:49:52 PM by Guest »

Tags: