Author Topic: Managing a College Loan after Graduation  (Read 203 times)

Offline FunEar

• View Profile
Managing a College Loan after Graduation
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
I’ve already graduated but I still have around 20,000 dollars’ worth of college loan debt, and I’d like to have it cleared within the next 5 years. How do I go about it?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:37:13 PM by Guest »

Offline FunFly

• View Profile
Re: Managing a College Loan after Graduation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
When it comes to private student loans, you may want to talk to the bank or the lending company right now. Since it’s just around the value of 20,000 dollars, you may want to ask them about the terms of the loan and if there’s anything that can be done about it to change it a little bit. Just like credit card debt, student loans can be set on amenable terms just as long as you know how to arbitrate well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:37:37 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatRyoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »
As for government student loans, what you can do right now is to consider channeling your monthly compensation to be directly wired to your loan. If you have a salary that is just above minimum wage, establishing an account and wiring your *nds to a bank under the account name of the loan can help you manage your *nds without the temptation to spend the money that you ought to be saving.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:38:21 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatShang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »
As for government student loans, what you can do right now is to consider channeling your monthly compensation to be directly wired to your loan. If you have a salary that is just above minimum wage, establishing an account and wiring your *nds to a bank under the account name of the loan can help you manage your *nds without the temptation to spend the money that you ought to be saving.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:38:37 PM by Guest »

Tags: