Author Topic: What are the great travel books so far?  (Read 193 times)

Offline BroadcastWorried

• View Profile
What are the great travel books so far?
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:04 AM »
What’re the best travel books? I’ve been browsing National Geographic Traveler, Transitions Abroad, etc. to look for the best travel books. But, they’ve only cited good travel books and I want to have the BEST.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:46:04 AM by Guest »

Offline BlazeDirty

• View Profile
Re: What are the great travel books so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:59 AM »
I think you’ll like “A Winter in Arabia” by Freya Stark. She’s getting famous nowadays because of that book…And you’ll know why if you read it! Here are her travel books (as far as I can remember):

Baghdad Sketches, The Valleys of the *asins, The Southern Gates of Arabia, Seen in the Handramaut, Letters from Syria, East is West, *us in the Wind. You can check out bookstores for the list of her books and you can also ask the bookstore owner what he/she thinks as the best of the bunch.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:46:59 AM by Guest »

Offline BasketballNeil

• View Profile
Re: What are the great travel books so far?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:47:47 AM »
Quote from: "BroadcastWorried"
What’re the best travel books? I’ve been browsing National Geographic Traveler, Transitions Abroad, etc. to look for the best travel books. But, they’ve only cited good travel books and I want to have the BEST.

Paul Theroux’s books are also to be celebrated! He’s best book so far is The Great Railway Bazaar. As a matter of fact, he has also written fiction books that were made to films! Look for his books when you go to the bookstore, with Freya Stark on the side, to start your travel books collection!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:47:47 AM by Guest »

Tags: