Author Topic: What drinks and foods help a sore throat?  (Read 420 times)

Offline TraumaGreat

• View Profile
What drinks and foods help a sore throat?
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
I've got a terrible sore throat paired with a terribly bad cough. Could anyone here please help me out and tell me what things I could eat and drink to get rid of it?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:34:50 PM by Guest »

Offline Spinningto

• View Profile
Re: What drinks and foods help a sore throat?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »
Sore throat is usually caused by virus and you need to take medication for that. As home remedy, you can try gurgling with baking soda, salt and warm water. You can also try drinking hot lemonade. You can also buy some lozenges or Strepsils to relieve you of the pain. Most of all, you need to see a doctor to get treatment for it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:24:33 PM by Guest »

Offline Greater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:14:09 PM »
I have tried several foods and drinks to clear the bad sore throat I've had a few months back. Honey worked fine on me. Just take pure honey. Freshly squeezed lemonade and orange also worked fine.

In the end, bringing back your health is the main focus. A sore throat is just a symptom that you are sick.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:14:09 PM by Guest »

Offline Rosa101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »
The perfect beverage pairings for that is drinks that are rich in Vitamin C. It’s a no brainer that vitamin C is used an immunity booster so it is also used to help cure sore throat cough. Avoid consuming foods that aren’t natural as they will not give you the cure that you need.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:33:43 PM by Guest »

Offline OneAwake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
Our daughter also had a sore throat and terrible cough. We asked to take some sip of honey and guess what; instant relief!

If you want to remain healthy, I would suggest that you take in foods and drinks rich in Vitamin C. Also, try not to eat too much cold drinks such as shakes and avoid sweets such as chocolates. They cause throat irritation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:09:40 PM by Guest »

Tags: