Author Topic: messy paint leftover  (Read 253 times)

Offline RatSpinning

• View Profile
messy paint leftover
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:40 AM »
My home’s 2 bathrooms have been remodeled to take a Victorian theme. The re*rnishing and painting are all done and all that was left is the messy paint. How do I clean them off the bathroom fixtures and tiles?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:06:40 AM by Guest »

Offline TwitSports

• View Profile
Re: messy paint leftover
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
In removing paint on tiles you need to use a putty razor or knife blade to scrape the paint splatter off the tile surface. Using steel wool or abrasive pads are also applicable. Apply a little pressure in scraping the unwanted paint splatter. Be patient for it will be worth it when it's done.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:57:43 PM by Guest »

Offline TruckSports

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »
Believe it or not, using more natural products for paint removal are more effective that the chemicals. You may use rag and soak it in soapy water then scrub the tile that is infected with paint. After that, rinse the rag and the tile with clean water. Do the procedure all over again.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:12:10 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsPeach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:30:01 PM »
You can remove paint unwanted paint splatter by simply using a sharp knife. Wet the sharp knife and then start to scrape the infected portion of the tiles. Keep on doing it until you get the result you want. I used to do that on my tiles too and I am proud to say that it's effective.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:30:01 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsSpookier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
You might want to use sand paper on the tiles infected with paint. Just scratch the tile (apply pressure when scratching the tile) until the paint splatter is totally removed. I just wish that the tile won't be damaged. You may also try other alternatives for this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:04:48 PM by Guest »

Offline SportsSporty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »
I don't think using sand paper on the infected tile will be a good idea. The sand paper is too strong for tiles; it will just wound the infected tile and lose it gloss. You have to agree on me on that. Might as well ask your carpenter what to do about your problem on paint splatter.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:43:15 PM by Guest »

Offline Sportstr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »
I also agree that natural cleaning aids are effective. However, there are chemical that are more effective than the natural ones. You might also want to try to check on the internet on how to remove unwanted dirt on fixtures and tiles for accurate information.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:47:03 PM by Guest »

Tags: