Author Topic: Recommended font for blogs?  (Read 272 times)

Offline driverwhistle

• View Profile
Recommended font for blogs?
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
I don’t want to appear boring but I also don’t want to have a difficult blog to read. What is the recommended font style and size used for blogging? Are there any studies to back it up as with color psychology?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:10:05 PM by Guest »

Offline Spinninger

• View Profile
Re: Recommended font for blogs?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »
I have 4 blogs and all 4 blogs have the same font: Georgia. I love the serif fonts because it's still easy to read even if the text is too long already. The Gothic fonts look really good but there comes a point where you begin to tire because you feel like the words are too close to each other. Georgia looks nice without feeling like you're reading an encyclopedia.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:29:40 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatSoupmeat

• View Profile
Re: Recommended font for blogs?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
Use the blog font type that is sans serif like Arial or Calibri. Sans serif fonts are fonts without "tails" such as the ones you see on fonts like Times New Roman or Cambria. The best font for blogs is one that can easily be read by the reading online public.

The safest color is black or dark blue. You don't need other font colors for your font text. As for the titles, you can experiment with red (it stimulates), blue (soothes illnesses), and orange (it increases energy levels).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:57:11 PM by Guest »

Tags: