Author Topic: basic requirements for female fire fighter in Ohio  (Read 289 times)

Offline GreatCuddly

• View Profile
basic requirements for female fire fighter in Ohio
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
I am interested and would love to learn more about what I would need to do mentally, physically, and academically as soon as I graduate from high school and during college.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:47:46 PM by Guest »

Offline GreasyGreat

• View Profile
Re: basic requirements for female fire fighter in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
That's a nice venture you're planning at your age. But if you think you're up to the challenge, here's how you can become a firefighter in the state of Ohio. First, apply for a job with a fire department. There you'll have to take a written examination after a fire department contacts you. Nothing fancy but encomp*ing general subjects such as problem solving, reading and comprehension, basic math and communication skills and reasoning abilities. Next, I hope you won't quit at this phase, is the physical agility test so better start working out now to increase your cardio levels in time for this test. After that, get a physical examination and then a psychological evaluation. By this time, you're good to go for on-the-job training. Most fire departments have a program for volunteers that teach fire science. Typically, you'll have a probationary period of several months to a year in your local fire department until you've qualified for a permanent position.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:39:06 PM by Guest »

Tags: