Author Topic: I lost my job  (Read 496 times)

Offline Spinning

• View Profile
I lost my job
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
I just lost my job and I’m having a hard time in dealing with all the savings left. My adopted child needs to stop school for a while. Will this affect my capabilities in being a responsible parent?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:26:12 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatTroik

• View Profile
Re: I lost my job
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »
I hate to break it to you, dear, but yes, it will affect your capabilities as a parent. Your child needs to go to school especially if he's still a little kid. That's where he will learn basic theories that will help mold the person he becomes in the *ture. If you can't afford paying for a private school education, might as well make him go to a public school. The American public school system has a very good curriculum anyway and they have way lower tuition fees (some states don't even charge anything).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:38:59 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatGrewsome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:58:06 PM »
Losing your job doesn't affect your regard, worth, parenting skills, and capacities as a parent. Technically speaking, you are obliged to report your new situation to the agency or orphanage for transparency's sake. Just show them that you are ready to bounce back and that you have other options for employment. You can rely on your savings, but be sure that you are proactive in looking for a new job.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:58:06 PM by Guest »

Offline Spinninged

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
It will surely affect your credibility as a foster parent and you have to report the situation to the adoption agency. And unless you find yourself another job and be on the right track, you might end up talking to a social worker. But I'm sure you'll be able to recover from this and find a new job. Just keep trying.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:29:43 PM by Guest »

Tags: