Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 226 times)

Offline NycGreat

• View Profile
What to do?
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
I’m adopted and I’m getting attached to my adoptive parents. My problem is that my biological wants to get me from them. What should I do? I don’t want to hurt both of them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:49:12 PM by Guest »

Offline BoostGreat

• View Profile
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »
I think you have to talk to both of the parties. Tell them the truth about your feelings. Consider that your foster parents are now your legal parents and no matter what your biological parents want, they have no more legal basis to get you back. I think to think about this seriously and I believe you should have a lawyer to discuss these matters with them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:05:40 AM by Guest »

Offline BurkeGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »
I think that you should tell both your biological parents and your adoptive parents what you want. It's all about you and what will be good for you, anyway. Either you go with your biological parents or your adoptive parents, there's nothing they can do but accept your decision. I *ume you're mature enough now to make your own decisions and stand up for them so go ahead and tell them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:12:46 AM by Guest »

Offline WitchGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:55 AM »
It depends on you but you have to know that your legal parents are not your biological parents anymore based on the adoption papers. You have to talk to both your biological as well as foster parents. Surely, it is a difficult situation but sooner or later you have to decide for yourself and your decision may affect your own *ture.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:35:55 AM by Guest »

Offline Funielder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
You can't just walk away from your legal parents which happen to be your adoptive parents. I understand that your biological parents are yearning for you; but you really have to choose your adoptive parents. You don't want to end up your adoptive parents suing your biological parents. Do you?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:51:57 PM by Guest »

Offline GuideBall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
Before the situation gets worse, you really have to decide whether or not to keep it up with your adoptive parents. Because it is really hard if this thing escalates to legal action and I understand you do not want that to happen. You may ask someone who know the law better.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:13:34 PM by Guest »

Offline 1oteklynx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 04:32:11 AM »
Your biological parents should understand that they are no longer your legal parents anymore. They should have realized that this is going to happen long before they decided to abandon you. Tell them that you will just visit them often but do you also have to tell them that you are already attached with your adoptive parents.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:32:11 AM by Guest »

Offline PapaGuide

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »
The decision will all depends on you. You have to talk to your biological parents and adoptive parents about how you are feeling because they deserve to know. Unfortunately you cannot avoid that someone is going to be hurt and face the consequence while the other one will be glad of your decision..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:22:48 PM by Guest »

Tags: