Author Topic: Getting rid of it  (Read 352 times)

Offline GreatGot

• View Profile
Getting rid of it
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »
I’m always texting and I have to say that I have already adapted the text slangs that we shouldn’t even use. What should I do to get rid of this?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:27:50 PM by Guest »

Offline GreatDelight

• View Profile
Re: Getting rid of it
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:02 PM »
Try to avoid using those text messaging abbreviations and instead use the normal and regular spelling when you text. To be honest, I’m anno* with those kinds of language. They thought it’s nice but it is so, so irritating. Text lingo is very epidemic, but I’m amazed that many do understand what the real meaning of the abbreviated text message is.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:42:02 PM by Guest »

Offline PrimeGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »
You can remove this habit by doing what you did to acquire it. You just make yourself consciously type text messages correctly. It will be a conscious effort at first. Once you've developed the habit of typing correctly, you won't even have to remind yourself to do it because you already are doing it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:42:32 PM by Guest »

Offline SlipkSpinning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
Use *ll words instead of words in short cut format or in abbreviations. You can also review your thoughts before you type in your message. Composing a text in your mind in proper English will guide you in typing the correct message. This is especially help*l when you're conducting group text messaging. You wouldn't want to send a message in slang to a group of prospective clients, am I correct? Just be conscious of your texting actions and choice of words.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:48:02 PM by Guest »

Offline AwakeUnlimited

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
Text message slang isn't always the easy thing for us to understand specially if text messaging has become a primary means of communication. You should develop your mind into a general sense of the English language. In that way, you can avoid writing text messages slang.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:56:32 PM by Guest »

Offline SoftballBall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
I have avoided it when I started using a smart phone because it corrects all the errors in my spelling so I got so used in the correct spelling.
Text lingo is rampant and will just prolong, but if you really want to avoid it, you can surely do it. Just have the proper discipline in correcting yourself.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:36:21 PM by Guest »

Tags: