Author Topic: Postpartum Depression  (Read 1266 times)

Offline GreatEternal

• View Profile
Postpartum Depression
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
I know that after a woman delivers her newborn, some emotional changes could occur and it is called postpartum blues. I want to understand better what does this means and to deal with my sister’s new challenge as a mother. What should I know about postpartum depression?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:35:33 PM by Guest »

Offline RyothGreat

• View Profile
Re: Postpartum Depression
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »
Postpartum depression doesn't happen right after she gives birth. Like in my case, I got the blues 6 months after I gave birth. Nothing much has happened to me. I just kept on thinking that my husband didn't want me anymore because I already have a child which is his, by the way. It's more of a hormonal imbalance. Of course, a mom's body has something inside it for 9 months and then suddenly, it feels empty... Some moms have intense depression that they end up killing the baby or committing suicide. Just be care*l of this.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:58:06 PM by Guest »

Offline StahPong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
Wow! Your sister is so lucky to have you as her sister. Most postpartum cases are often neglected by wives' husband and do not understand that after nine months of pregnancy, there were hormonal changes going on inside your sister's body. So thus, after delivering birth to your nephew. And that is why, you will notice some emotional behavior changes in her today.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:08:02 PM by Guest »

Offline InternetEasy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
This kind of depression reaches its zenith three to five days after delivery and can last up to two weeks. A woman experiencing this may be irritable and sad and may have difficulty in sleeping. Symptoms of postpartum depression include her being tear*l and failing to find enjoyment in activities she enjo* doing in the past such as her hobbies and her activities. The best solution for this is to be with her every step of the way and *ure her that she's part of a loving family who cares for her and her baby.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:22:44 PM by Guest »

Tags: