Author Topic: Safety in Wiring Devices  (Read 114 times)

Offline MagicGreat

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Safety in Wiring Devices
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
The switch to my kitchen light is grounded and I felt a light electrical charge in me when I tried to touch it.What can I do? How can I ensure safety in wiring devices like switches?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:31:47 PM by Guest »
Logged



Offline Internetry

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Safety in Wiring Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
You can have it checked by an electrician as there could be a potential problem with the switch such as grounded wires. This may be caused by exposed electrical wires which can lead to short circuit and eventually to fire. I advise you to have a regular checkup of your electrical devices to prevent any accident at home.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:17:08 PM by Guest »
Logged

 
Tags: