Author Topic: The best time to book?  (Read 272 times)

Offline Gabby

• View Profile
The best time to book?
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
If you don't have much time to plan your vacation, and don't have time to wait for a better season to book, what days of the week can you find the better discounts on airfare?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:38:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Caroline64

• View Profile
Re: The best time to book?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »
I have heard that the middle of the week is best but not sure about that. But I think that you need to just keep looking and looking at several different places. I have a friend that travels a lot and she always ends up with cheap airfare!! She just keeps shopping around until she finds it the cheapest she can.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:37:09 AM by Guest »

Offline Joseph79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »
Caroline64 is right about the middle of the week being the best time to buy airline tickets. I believe Wednesday is usually the best day, although I think Tuesday is good too. I'm not sure exactly why the fares are discounted more often then, but those are the days that I would suggest.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:09:58 PM by Guest »

Offline Brandiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »
I agree with the others that the middle of the week has the best deals. I think it's because they are just lower in demand. Everybody wants to fly out for the weekend and come home before work and school start again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:28:48 PM by Guest »

Offline Marcus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »
People generally tell you it's the middle of the week, because weekend flights tend to be more crowded, but if you can manage book in advance and that will save you more money than anything else.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:13:11 AM by Guest »

Offline trinket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
So, I am planning a trip for November. If I book now or not much longer I can get a better rate? Is that too early. Is there a maximum I should wait? My mom was telling me she thought there were certain days that were cheaper, so I am glad I took a look here. I wasn't sure. Plus, November is suppose to be the busiest traveling month.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:01:21 PM by Guest »

Offline ShcamGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »
November and December are the busiest months because it's Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The middle of the week is always the standard rate, I can't say that their cheap because airfare during the weekends and start of the week just increase because of the demand. But if you want to book for a cheaper ticket for the peak season, I suggest you buy months before your scheduled flight. Some airlines offer promotional rates for limited seats only.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:52:05 PM by Guest »

Tags: